Specialists in precision photo etched metal components.
Located in the centre of the UK’s manufacturing heartland, Advanced Chemical Etching Limited (ACE) is constantly stretching the boundaries of innovation in delivering solutions to some of the world’s biggest names. The company specialises in the manufacturing of precision photo etched metal components for customers involved in aerospace, automotive, electronics, medical, fuel cell, telecommunications and more.
Our unrivalled ability to offer prototype components to pre-production and small volume fulfilment has also seen us increase our market share in aerospace, F1, fuel cells and medical – all industries that demand safety critical components and parts made in a full range of materials and tolerances.
Advanced Chemical Etching – Making the difference
Advanced Chemical Etching is a metal component manufacturer using a process that enables today’s product development engineers greater flexibility in design and short lead times, often taking just a few days. Other benefits at a glance:
- Low Cost Digital Tooling: The photo tool is more efficient and far less expensive than typical hard tooling.
- No Hard Tooling: No major investment, no tool maintenance and repair costs required. Also no tooling delivery delay.
- No Metal Stress or Part Deformation: Etched parts remain flat as the metal removal is achieved chemically, not mechanically.
- Burr Free: Secondary de-burring operations are eliminated.
- Material Properties: Remain unchanged, temper of metal is not changed thus magnetic property is not affected.
- Excellent for Prototypes: Excellent precision, repeatability, accuracy and a quick turnaround. Engineering changes and modifications can be made quickly, easily, and inexpensively.
- Photo Etching: Photo Etching, also known as Chemical Etching uses a combination of photographic digital tooling and chemical etching processes, this process will image and etch the metal parts to shape. The nature of Photo Etching allows for low cost, high precision, short lead times, and zero metal stress.
- Aluminium etching: ACE's pioneered process of Aluminium Compliant molecular Etching (ACmE) has eliminated the traditional problems with etching on aluminium, such as galling and pick-up. Our process is now faster, more efficient and produces tighter tolerances than traditional Aluminium etching.
- Titanium etching: Advanced Chemical Etching has developed a new, unique safer chemistry that takes Titanium Etching to new levels of quality and precision. We are one of the few etching companies in the world that can offer titanium etching on a production scale.
- Nitinol etching: Nitinol is an alloy of nickel and titanium (NiTi) in which the two metals are present in roughly equal atomic percentages. This alloy is characterized by a unique combination of super-elasticity, shape memory, and corrosion resistance.
- Precision etching: We Specialise in Precision Etching, we continually deliver highly precise photo chemical etching and can produce complex metal components matching your exact requirements.
- Technical etching: Advanced Chemical Etching Ltd has many years of technical etching expertise and vast experience of producing technically challenging etched components for many different industry sectors; in fact we built our reputation on it!
We manufacture a wide variety of bespoke components such as fuel cells, heat exchangers, leadframes, screening cans and shims & gaskets.
- Communications & Equipment
- Number of employees
- 51 - 100
Advanced Chemical Etching will be attending the UK’s premier Autonomous Vehicle Expo. This is the must-attend event for those wishing to accelerate development of autonomous vehicles.
The event will provide a unique and exclusive opportunity to CONNECT with technology and service leaders, DISCOVER advanced concepts, technologies and partners, enabling you to get your INNOVATIONS to market faster.