Hhigh Quality CNC Machining Based In Sudbury.
Jim Day CNC was developed to provide you with a high quality CNC machining and production engineering service. We take a particular interest in the application, design and production development of your component requirements. This integrated approach, our highly skilled work-force and commitment to quality, make Jim Day CNC an essential part of many of our customers businesses.
Established in 1984 as a Programming and engineering consultancy, the company developed into machining and moved to new larger premises in 1993, doubling workshop capacity again during 1996.
CNC precision production of CNC turning and CNC machining centre work
Prototype machining and component development
Manual machining including broaching
A wide variety of materials machined
Batches from one-offs to medium and high volume against schedule
- Astra Iveco
- Transporter Engineering
- Curtis Machine Tools
- Fugro Alluvial Offshore
- Fugro Engineering
- AFT Trenchers
- Triplex Group
CNC Lathes 5off:-
- NAKAMURA TW30MM-,6-axis Turning centre, 2 x Ø315 3-jaw high-speed chucks, Ø300 2-jaw chuck option,3600rpm, full C-axis,Ø300 x 360, 2 x 12 stn turrets with live tooling, 1.5m magazine bar feeder
- PUMA 12L-, 12' & 15' chucks, max bar cap Ø77mm, max tng Ø480 x 1020mm, 2500 rpm, 10 Stn turret
- SAMSUNG PL25/M500-,250mm chuck, Ø340mm x 500mm, bar cap 68mm, 2.5° spindle indexing, live tooling.
- GOODWAY GCL3 + Ø280mm SMW Autolok 4-posn.90° indexing chuck or alternatively Ø280solid centre chuck, Ø330mm x 600mm turning,
- AKEBONO Trump 35-, bar-fed lathe, Ø35 collet capacity
- CNC 3-Axis Vertical Machining Centres, 1off:-
- ENSHU VMC40-, 900 x 400mm table, ht under spindle 650mm, speed 6000rpm 20 ATC + Nikken 4th Axis
- CNC 5-Axis Vertical Machining Centre, 1off
- HAAS UMC-750 12,000rpm, 40ATC
Programming:- Vero EdgeCAM / DNC
- Horizontal Broach HB20-66 10ton x 66' stroke
- Centre lathes - universal mills
- Bandsaws - Drilling/Tapping - Tap disintegrating
- 1.6 tonne forklift
- Full inspection facilities
- MIG welding
Unit 3 - 4
- Number of employees
- 5 - 9
Goodbye B&S....rest in pieces.
After 26years service with us, we have given our old 1979 Brown & Sharpe VC1000 it's gold watch. As possibly the last working example in this country this was long overdue!(I use the word "working" loosely)-any museums interested??
**** HELLO to our new HAAS UMC-750 Vertical Machining Centre which is now installed!****