ISO 9001 Approved CNC Machining Specialists, Portland
Portland Engineering Co. Ltd is a family run business and was originally founded in 1946 specialising in the manufacture of small gears. Since then they have expoanded and are now in a purpose built 39,000 sq. ft factory on a 6 acre site. The plant and machinery has evolved with the company who now specialise in the design and manufacture of components and assemblies, including suspension and braking assemblies.
We are able to offer a complete service from the design and concept of a project, to the supply of the finalised machined and fabricated component or assembly and with our own fleet of vehicles, we may even be able to deliver to your door
Portland Engineering Co. Ltd supply a wide range of clients in the automotive, commercial and military industries, including Jaguar/Land Rover, Lotus and the M.O.D.
PORTLAND ENGINEERING CO. Ltd
1) Multi axis machining centres - including 5 axis - capable of machining up to 1m cube, we also have smaller high speed machines for smaller components.
2) Lathes that are capable of machining up to
1m in diameter and 2m in length and sliding head machines for smaller larger quantity batchs.
3) We are able to offer internal and external gear cutting having hobbing and shaping facilities, as well as horizontal and vertical broaches.
4) We have multi axis CNC internal and external grinder, straight and angle approach as well as manual machines if required.
5) On site we are able to offer an extensive range of heat treatment facilities.
6) We have powder coating facilities on site
7) We are able to offer Blakodizing - chemical balcking of steel
8) We have packaging facilities on site and manufacture moulded paper products and packaging to customer and our own specifications which are 100% recyclable.
9) Our design department operates the latest 2011 version of Solid Works
- Number of employees
- 31 - 50
Portland Engineering Ltd has not posted any news articles.