Courses provided by Foundry Training Services have proved so popular that it is now looking to recruit new team members.
The details are:
Foundry Training Coach
Location: Delivery will be mainly at the purpose built National Foundry Training Centre, Tipton Road, Tipton, West Midlands, DY4 7UW. You will be required to travel nationwide on occasion so a car is essential.
Foundry Training Services Limited are pleased to announce we are now recruiting new members to join our team. Courses at the centre are proving to be successful and so therefore, we are looking to expand our team. Our purpose built training centre includes facilities for patternmaking and casting design, moulding, core making, metal melting and casting as well as the associated laboratories.
Reporting to the Operations Manager this new role is expected to bring responsibilities as follows:
- Attend team and standardisation meetings.
- Prepare resources for delivery of theory and practical classes to apprentices at the National Foundry Training Centre.
- Train, coach and deliver on various programs of delivery
- Support learners in the workplace and guide them through their journey
- Provide information and guidance to the learner and employer about progress.
- Support the delivery of "Short Courses" & “Bespoke Courses” which will include group/classroom delivery.
- Work to specific quality processes and procedures and completion of targets.
- Help with enrolment of learners by discussing our courses and providing contact details to interested parties.
- Organise and maintain documentation regarding learners' progress and provide reports on progression when required.
- Keep a record of your CPD.
The Ideal Candidate
A high calibre professional with a true passion for the foundry industry who is keen to see the industry develop further through focused training and transferrable skills.
Self-motivated, creative, dynamic with excellent interpersonal skills.
Assessor qualified, A1, TAQA, CAVA, or D32, D33 (Desirable).
Recognised teaching qualification e.g. PTLLS or equivalent (Desirable).
Experience of coaching and assessing
.If you have the required background and experience, and believe you can make a contribution to the organisation then please forward your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apprenticeship Trainers (Freelance)
Job title: Apprentice Trainer/Coach
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Responsible for: Delivering, coaching and mentoring apprentices through their apprenticeship journey to complete Level 3 Foundry Technician Qualification
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- To Plan, Prepare, Deliver and Evaluate theoretical and practical training one to one or to groups of apprentice’s, ensuring competence against the Metal Casting, Foundry & Patternmaking apprenticeship standard at the National Foundry Training Centre.
- To prepare appropriate plans and learning materials for each session.
- To give subject specialist information, advice and support to apprentices, including providing apprentices with advice on progression, either within the centre or at their workplace.
- To monitor and maintain apprentices work, progress and maintain records to prepare apprentices for the EPA process.
- Record attendance accurately, reporting any absences to the apprentices Employer Engage with Employers and Apprentices throughout the Apprentice journey.
- Provide ongoing support and feedback to apprentices, employers and senior management.
- Support apprentices to create a portfolio of evidence and readily prepare them for the End Point Assessment (EPA).
- Ensure all equipment and facilities are used appropriately and safely and work in conjunction with the Foundry Technician support staff.
- Ensure full compliance and fully support the centres Equality, Diversity & Inclusion, Health and Safety and Quality Assurance policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the marketing and the promotion of training services offered.
- To ensure continued professional development and participate in training where appropriate and keep up to date in your own subject area.
- To support the Training and Quality Manager for quality assurance purposes, compliance and operational management.
You must hold a Level 3 Award in Education and Training/PTLLS
It is desirable that the post holder holds an Assessors Award.
The post holder must have relevant and recent experience of working in a Foundry or Patternmaking setting.
An understanding of apprenticeship standards is desirable.
An understanding of the principles in teaching young people and adults
An awareness of different learning strategies and teaching methods suitable for teaching a diverse range of abilities.
Effective use of IT, oral and written communication skills
A commitment and ability to comply with Equality, Diversity & inclusion and Health and Safety Policies.
Flexibility to travel across England
Driving License / Own Car
For further information or to submit your CV please contact: email@example.com