With the easing of lockdown restrictions in the UK, many businesses are starting to look at a more long-term technology strategy.
For many businesses, what started as a home working solution will become a work from anywhere solution, as employers continue with a more flexible approach to working.
Many businesses implemented changes in March 2020 that were initially seen as a stop gap solution. 18 months on, these solutions must be reviewed to ensure they fit the long-term strategy of the business.
The main issues related to working from home and working from anywhere have not changed:
- Many businesses still struggle with poor connectivity
- Many businesses are still operating an outdated on-premise system, which will imminently become redundant
- Cyber security is still at the top of the agenda
In the Engineering Industry, many functions simply cannot be carried out remotely, creating several unique challenges:
- Industry 4.0, IOT and big data services all require secure dedicated bandwidth, which is not always available in more remote business parks through the large carriers such as BT
- Opening new sites, or relocating can be difficult if current IT infrastructure is on premise
As a trusted Qimtek partner, Solution Consultants ICT are well placed to advise your business on the technology that’s right for you.