ISO 9001 Approved Special Purchase Machinery
Whiteland Engineering Limited was founded in 1956 by Walter Whiteland and over 60 years later is still a family business with David (Chairman) and his son Neil (Managing Director) looking forward to taking the business forward and increasing its customer base in the future.
The company initially designed & built Special Purpose Machines, so it is well aware of the accuracy required to manufacture specialised components. The company now concentrates it's efforts with a skilled work force approaching 30, in the field of sub contracting machining services, tool making, specialised components and mechanical assemblies for firms and organisations with their own products in a variety of industries.
The company has a well equipped machine shop and always endeavours to buy the latest high technology equipment when replacing machines and is consequentially well placed to exploit future business opportunities.
The company's Inspection facilities reflect the importance that it gives to this key part of the manufacturing cycle and it can boast a new fully equipped inspection area with a 3 axis co-ordinate measuring machine as the centre piece.
The company has always worked to a quality manual and on the 16th July 1999 it was awarded ISO9001 approval by Lloyds Quality Assurance - our Approval No. is LRQ 0961700.
The company's main aim is Customer Satisfaction 'By producing the right product at the right price at the right time'.
Reliable Delivery is achieved by either our Own Transport or National Carriers.
- PRECISION MACHINING in large and small batches.
- SPECIAL PURPOSE MACHINES AND MACHINE TOOLS.
- COMPLETE ASSEMBLIES of MECHANICAL, HYDRAULIC and PNEUMATIC UNITS.
- JIGS, TOOLS & FIXTURES of all types including GAUGES.
- WORKS PLANT REPAIRS.
- SPARES for various types of machinery.
We have recently undertaken work for the following :- M.O.D., Printing and Packaging Manufacturers and Specialised Vehicle Builders.
C.N.C. VERTICAL MACHINING
- Hurco VMX60m - Bed Type Machining Centre, 24 A.T.C. with a WinMax Control, Complete with 4th Axis Hurco CNC 320mmØ Rotary Table. 1,500mm x 660mm x 610mm (59' x 26' x 24')
- Hurco VMX50m - Bed Type Machining Centre, 24 A.T.C. with a WinMax Control
- Complete with 4th Axis Hurco CNC 320mmØ Rotary Table 1,270mm x 660mm x 610mm (50' x 26' x 24')
- Hurco VMX42m - Bed Type Machining Centre, 24 A.T.C. with a WinMax Control,
- 1,066mm x 610mm x 610mm (42' x 24' x 24')
- Mazak VTC 20B - Bed Type Machining Centre - 24 A.T.C, Mazatrol M Plus Control, 1,120mm x 510mm x 510mm (44 x 20 x 20 ) Complete with 4th Axis Nikken CNC250mmØ Rotary Table.
- Beaver Partsmaster - Bed Type Machining Centre (3 Machines) -16 Auto Tool Changer, Heidenhain TNC 355 Control 510mm x 400mm x 400mm (20' x 16' x 16').
- Mazak Quick Turn NEXUS 250-2 - 350mmØ x 1,000mm centres (13.8'Ø x 39.8')
- Mazak Quick Turn 28N - 320mmØ x 1,000mm centres (12.6'Ø x 39.8')
- Mazak Super Quick Turn 250 - 350mmØ x 480mm centres (13.7'Ø x 19.9')
- Mazak Quick Turn 15N - 250mmØ x 510mm centres (10'Ø x 20')
C.N.C. MILLING VERTICAL
- XYZ Prototrak SM5000 - 3 Axis Bed Mill - 1,500mm x 596mm x 584mm (59' x 23.5' x 23')
- XYZ Prototrak SMX4000 - 3 Axis Bed Mill - 1,016mm x 508mm x 584mm (40' x 20' x 23')
- XYZ Prototrak PRO3000/KRV3000 (3 Machines) - 2 Axis Turret Mill - 1,016mm x 400mm x 400mm (40' x 16' x 16')
- Slotting Capabilities - 100mm stroke x 910mmØ (4' stroke x 36'Ø)
- VILH Pedersen -1,150 x 293mm x 435mm (45' x 12.5' x 17') with D.R.O.
- Harrison V550 - 554mm swing x 2,030mm centres x 700mmØ face plate (22' x 80' x 27.5 ')
- Harrison V390 - 250mm swing x 1,000mm centres x 355mmØ face plate (10' x 40 ' x 14 ')
C.N.C. CYLINDRICAL GRINDING
- Jones & Shipman Suprema - 300mm swing x 650mm centres (12' x 25 ')
- ROSA RTRC-1200 - Horizontal spindle machine 1,270mm x 710mm x 500mm high (50' x 28' x 20')
- Jones & Shipman 540 - Iincluding optical profile equipment 488mm x 152mm x 177mm (18' x 6' x 7')
- Jones & Shipman 1307 - 355mm swing x 1,016mm centres (14' x 40')
- Jones & Shipman 1305 - 254mm swing x 1,016mm centres (10' x 40')
- Jones & Shipman 1071 - 152mm swing x 455mm centres (6' x 18')
- Brown & Sharp Turret Drill - 12mmØ x 280mm x 455mm x 483mm height(0.5'Ø x 11' x 18' x 19' ).
- Comprehensive Fitting & Assembly Area, Cutter Grinding, Vapour Blast
- By Gas, Arc & M.I.G. Welding, also Flame Cutting
- Number of employees
- 31 - 50
Whiteland Engineering Ltd has not posted any news articles.